Wednesday 25 January 2012

JL Dagg


I'm a school teacher with a doctoral degree in evolutionary ecology earned at University of Göttingen, Germany. The guy who unintentionally prompted me to start an own blog was Liam Heneghan from 10 Things Wrong With Environmental Thinking. He wrote about a book by Frank Golley, which is a worthwhile inside story of the history of ecosystem ecology.
   Thinking that I might spare some students the detour in hunting for a specific quote attributed to Stephen A. Forbes, which I believe is a Byzantine misquotation emerging from the vagaries of translation, I wrote the first blog post. Thereafter I thought that a blog might be a great service to students, who usually get abridged narratives in textbooks, saving them the time of following some false leads that others have followed before.